Plan news

Independent financial advice

Remember, taking your benefits from the Plan is an important decision — perhaps one of the most important decisions you’ll make — so you should not only prepare as early as possible, but also you may wish to consider taking independent financial advice.

You can find a Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) registered financial adviser by visiting

If you’re a deferred member aged 55 (increasing to age 57 from 2028) or over, and you’re interested in starting to take your benefits from the Plan, you now have access to financial advice provided by a firm of financial advisers called Origen Financial Services, with all costs covered by the Trustee.

Please note: If you are intending on taking up the paid-for financial advice, it is advisable to have received a retirement pack from Equiniti, the Plan Administrator, before you contact Origen.

Who are Origen?

Origen logo

Origen are an FCA regulated firm of financial advisers, providing a range of services including financial, investment and pensions advice. For more information on Origen and the services they offer, you can visit their website:

Your adviser at Origen will provide you with impartial advice on your options and, based on your circumstances, will advise the appropriate option for you. The advice provided by Origen will be paid for by the Trustee once, so you should make sure that you take this advice at the right time for you. If you require any further advice from Origen, you will need to pay for it yourself. You can of course use another financial adviser of your choice, but this will not be paid for by the Trustee.

Visit the MoneyHelper website for helpful guidance on choosing a financial adviser: