These pages are a good starting point if you have a quick question that needs answering.

In order to find the questions and answers that are best for you, we have separated them into several distinct member type questions of a general nature relating to the site.

Click on the question to reveal / hide the answer: 

Change my AVC Investments?

You can switch your current Legal & General investment choices, add a lump sum, or switch from a previous AVC provider by completing the appropriate form in the Forms section of the Document library.

Change my communication preferences?

You can change your communication preferences via MyPension.

Check you have my mobile telephone number?

You can check, add or update the mobile telephone number we hold for you via MyPension.

Contact the Plan Administrator?

You can find the Plan Administrator’s contact details here.

Find an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA)?

You can find a list of IFAs who are registered with the Financial Conduct Authority here. Make sure you choose one that is authorised to provide advice on pensions.

Find out who is responsible for running the Plan?

Overall responsibility for the Plan rests with the Trustee but the day-to-day running of the Plan is undertaken by the Administration Team.

Get a divorce quotation?

If you are going through a divorce, or the dissolution of a civil partnership, normally your pension will need to be taken into account as part of agreeing any financial settlement.

To obtain the relevant information contact the Plan Administrator. There is specific information you and your solicitor need to be provided with, therefore please ensure you state that you are requesting this information for divorce (or dissolution of a civil partnership) purposes.

Get a reminder of my MyPension password?

You can obtain a reminder of your MyPension password by visiting the My Pension website:

Click 'Login' at the top right of the screen and select the 'Forgotten Password?' option

Get a reminder of my MyPension username?

You can obtain a reminder of your MyPension username by visiting the My Pension website:

Click 'Login' at the top right of the screen and select the 'Forgotten Username?' option

Get a retirement quotation?

Most members can see an indication of the benefits available to them by logging into MyPension. Here you will find modelling tools that allow you to explore the effect on your Plan pension of choosing to receive it from different ages.

You can also request a formal quotation from the Administration Team. If you are a Deferred member (you have stopped contributing to the Plan) the quotation will also include:

  • Your current transfer value; and
  • Details of how you can access an online modelling tool, which will be pre-loaded with your Plan benefits, so you can explore the alternatives available to you.

Get a transfer quotation?

If you have stopped contributing to the Plan (become a Deferred member) you can request a transfer quotation by contacting the Administration Team. 

Deferred members are entitled to receive one guaranteed transfer value quotation each year.

In addition, if you are a Deferred member and are age 55 (or older) you will automatically receive a Deferred Benefit Statement each year. This Statement will also include your current transfer value

Get more information about pensions generally?

A good place to start is to talk to an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). You can find a list of IFAs who are registered with the Financial Conduct Authority here.

There are also a number of organisations that can provide you with help and advice about your pension savings. Some of these are listed below:

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)

TPAS is an independent voluntary body that provides free help and advice to members and other beneficiaries of occupational and personal pension schemes. TPAS is available at any time to assist members and beneficiaries with any pension query they may have or any difficulty they have failed to resolve with the trustees or administrators of a scheme.

Telephone: 0800 011 3797


The Money Advice Service (MAS)

The MAS provides information on personal finance, including pensions.

Telephone: 0800 138 7777


Alternatively, you can write to either TPAS or the MAS at the address below:

Address: Money and Pensions Service 120 Holborn London EC1N 2TD

Pension Wise

Pension Wise is a Government service that offers free impartial guidance to help you understand your options in relation to your Defined Contribution pension savings. You can obtain pension guidance online, by telephone or face-to-face.

Telephone: 0800 138 3944 (to book a free appointment)


Make a complaint?

The Trustee will do all that it can to ensure that the Plan is administered to the highest standard, but there may be times when you are unhappy about a certain situation or you have a concern that you need to raise. Most problems can be sorted out by talking to the Plan Administrator. You can find their contact details here. However, if you want to take a complaint further, you can ask for your case to be formally reviewed. The Trustee has put a formal Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure in place for this purpose. You can request details of this procedure from the Plan Administrator.

Obtain details of the State Pension?

To obtain an estimate of your State Pension, you may contact your local Benefits Office for Form BR19 a State Pension forecast form. Alternatively you may download it from the Department for Work and Pensions website:

You can watch a video on the State Pension here.

Where available you will be provided with a combined pension forecast as part of your annual benefit statement.

Prepare to meet an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA)?

An IFA will want to have a clear understanding of your Plan benefits. You will want to have to hand any recent Statements we issued. You may also want to share with them details of this website

Your IFA is likely to require your current transfer value. Please note this may take a couple of weeks to produce.

If your IFA requires further information you will need to contact the Plan Administrator. You can find their contact details here.

Register for MyPension

You have already been pre-registered, to complete the process you will need:

Your Username - this is the first two letters of your surname followed by your first initial and then your Pension Reference number*.             

For example, if your name is John Smith and your reference number is 234567, your Username is SMJ234567

Your temporary password - Simply combine your year of birth followed by your full National Insurance Number.

For example: If you were born in 1968 and your National Insurance Number is AA112233A, your temporary password is 1968AA112233A

See how much of my Annual Allowance (AA) I have used?

If you are still contributing to the Plan you can find this information on your latest Annual   Benefit Statement.

See how much of my Lifetime Allowance (LTA) I have used?

If you are still working for the Company and contributing to the Plan (an active member), your latest Annual Benefit Statement will show how much of your Lifetime Allowance you have used.

If you are no longer contributing to the Plan, because you have left the Company (or decided to opt out of contributing to the Plan), you can obtain this information by contacting the Plan Administrator. You will find their contact details here.

Start to receive my pension at my Normal Retirement Date (NRD)?

We will automatically send you a retirement quotation approximately six months before your NRD. The various forms that you will need to complete and return will be included with this quotation.

It is vital that we have your current address so we can send the quotation to you. You can check the details we hold for you on MyPension

Transfer my benefits out of the Plan?

To transfer your benefits out of the Plan you will need to have stopped contributing to the Plan. You cannot transfer out once you have started receiving your Plan pension.

On request, the Plan Administrator will send you a quotation pack. This will provide you with details of the benefits available to you from the Plan, as well as your current transfer value. It will also provide details of how you can access an online modelling tool, which will be pre-loaded with your Plan benefits, so you can explore the alternatives available to you.

Beware of Pension Scams! These can come in all shapes and forms so please be extra careful at this time. For example, don’t interact with any request for your personal or banking details, and reject all unexpected and unsolicited offers about your pension. Two good sources of advice are the Financial Conduct Authority’s tips and advice on its ScamSmart website: and the

Update who I want to receive any benefits payable from the Plan if I die?

The best way is to complete and return to the Plan Administrator a new Expression of Wish form. You can download a blank form to complete from the Library section of this website.

Update my contact details?

You can view the contact details we hold for you on MyPension. If you have not accessed MyPension before you can see details of how to complete your registration here.

Use Scheme Pays to pay a tax charge if I have exceeded my Annual Allowance (AA)?

If you have exceeded the AA and are considering using Scheme Pays to pay the resulting tax charge, please contact the Plan Administrator. Please note, normally only contributing members can use this facility.