As a Trustee Board, we’ll be posting regular blogs throughout the year to keep you up to date with all the latest news and goings on with the HP Retirement Benefits Plan.
A round up of 2021 at HPRBP
We worked on many projects and initiatives during 2021 as a Trustee Board (more about that later…) but we also saw a number of important updates in the pensions industry, including:
- Confirmation that the normal minimum pension age (NMPA) is set to increase from 55 to 57 in 2028;
- The Lifetime Allowance limit of £1,073,100 being frozen until 2026;
- Pension scams being at an all-time high due in part to the pandemic; and
- The new State Pension increase of 3.1% being confirmed for April 2022.
At HPRBP we had a busy year with making sure that we continued to manage and deliver a valuable pension to you, whilst making our communications as accessible and easy to understand as possible. Check out our news pages for a roundup of our updates from 2021, which includes articles such as important information on how to prevent pension scams happening to you and how our Plan Administrator Equiniti, have committed to the Net Zero pledge – continuing our journey to reduce the carbon footprint in the investments of your pension.
What’s in store for 2022
We’re excited to announce the beginning of our regular blogs and will provide timely updates to you on important information and reminders about your pension. This is to make it easier to provide you with quick round ups and links to new content on the website…
We’ve a number of great resources for you to read, listen and watch:
- Our first podcast: an interview Paul Early, a Company Nominated Trustee Director, who explains his journey on the Trustee board and how he has built up his passion and knowledge for pensions over the years.
- Our website: a great place to start finding out information on your Plan pension and how to request information. It also includes short videos about the Plan under the My Benefits section.
- MyPension: your member area where you can view and update your pension and personal details.
- Improvements to the Plan website
- Enhancements to My Pension: more information will be announced soon!
- Our next blog
I hope that you’ve enjoyed this first blog post and you take ten minutes to explore some useful content discussed.
As ever we welcome your feedback on the communications we provide – so please get in touch if there are any specific subjects, you’d like us to cover in future blog posts.
The Trustees of the Hewlett Packard Retirement Benefits Plan