Pension rights normally form part of the assets which can be taken into account during any divorce or dissolution settlement. There are a number of options available to the Court in dealing with pension rights. 

If you are getting divorced or dissolving your civil partnership you should also consider updating your Expression of Wish form.

For more information relating to the steps to be followed if you require a CETV for divorce purposes, please refer to the How to guide - Divorce’.