Death of a Pensioner
Should you die whilst in receipt of a pension, your next of kin or representative should contact the Administration Team.
- suspend pension payments
- request the necessary documentation (death certificate etc)
- reclaim any overpayments if applicable
Your next of kin should send any documentation and completed forms requested.
- return original certificates
- advise of any benefits due. and/or overpayment of member’s pension
- obtain Trustee discretion to pay benefits where necessary
- issue a lump sum if payable
- set up dependants pension if applicable
- close pensioner record by sending a letter to your personal representative or next of kin.